Modify Your Design
If you find a house plan you like and modifications are needed to make it your own, our team is here to help.
Making one of our existing plans your own.
How do I get started with requesting modifications?
Once you have selected a plan from us and need to make changes, please submit the request labeled “Modify a Plan” to describe your changes and request a modification consultation.
How it Works
- To start, please fill out the form on the right.
- Submit and pay the one-time modification consultation fee of $100.
- We review your changes and send a detailed proposal for your modified plan, including cost and time to complete.
- If you approve the modifications, you will then need to purchase your plan and pay the modification costs.
- Once we receive your agreement, we work on preliminary drawings with changes for you to review. You can expect to receive this within 2-3 weeks.
- Once you review and approve the preliminary drawing, you can expect to receive your fully revised plan within 3-4 weeks.
How much will it cost?
- Our modifications are based on an hourly rate of $150 per hour.
- The $100 consultation fee covers only the proposal. If you agree to move forward with modifying your plan, the $100 fee will be deducted from your total cost for modifications.
- The average range of our modifications is $300 – $3,000 (this does NOT include purchasing your plan).
- Your modification fee is based upon the extent of your requests.
- Please note that modifications take time and can be expensive. However, since we design the plans ourselves, we are the best choice to make changes to your plan based on your needs.
What modifications are possible for my plan?
You can make any modifications to your plan. We are happy to modify any plan as needed to help you build the perfect home. However, please keep in mind that “modifications” do not mean designing a completely custom home. You can make small changes such as adding/removing windows or doors, adjusting room sizes or removing walls. There are also large changes, including extending the kitchen or taking out a wall in the living room. Please take into account that adding square footage to a home is much easier than reducing in size. If you love a plan but want to have a larger garage, that is much easier than making your home smaller. If you are looking to combine two plans, it would be best to schedule a custom design session with our team to start the custom home design process.
Have more questions?
For more questions about your plans or the modification process, please visit our FAQ page or contact us.Contact Us